Friday, December 20, 2013

Spa day with my boys


I'm not sure I ever thought I'd be typing that heading.

Okay, so we weren't at an actual spa, just in our living room. Still, I had a great time with the boys today, watching them get haircuts just in time for Christmas and later getting pedicures.

First the haircuts. Thankfully, we have someone who comes to our home to cut the boys hair. Such a blessing! The last time we took the boys for haircuts at a salon, A LOT of hair product ended up on the floor and things got pretty rowdy. It wasn't pretty. In the boys defense, it's hard to sit still and wait for your turn, especially when there are shelves full of hair products just begging to be rearranged.

Everett, staying still
She asked him, "What kind of haircut do you want?" His answer, "A handsome one"

On to the pedicure. Wasn't it just yesterday I was getting pedicures boy mom style??

Apparently, we've come a long way. Today, Colin begged me to let him paint my toenails with "REAL toe paint."

Sure thing.


Add a little sparkle? Why not?
The finished product

Beautiful, no?

After seeing my gorgeous nails, everyone wanted their toenails painted and Colin happily obliged!

A bit later, while I was in the kitchen, and had obviously forgotten to put away the nail polish, Carter ran in all excited.

"Mommy, look! I painted my toe nails myself!"



Yup. You sure did Carter!




No comments: