Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Gratitude


Well, I kind of failed at one month of gratitude... I should probably list seven things I'm grateful for in order to catch up but instead I'm going to share what we've been up to recently and then share one big thing I'm always thankful for on this turkey day.

Last Saturday, we planned to have a family Christmas party to decorate the house. It's a tradition that I grew up with and look forward to passing on to my children. When I think of "Christmas Party" I think of it occurring later in the day or early evening, a fire in the fireplace, fun snacks laying around, Christmas music playing and perhaps a glass of wine in hand. Well, when the boys got up Saturday morning, they were ready for the Christmas party by 8 a.m! Chris and I looked at each other and thought, "why not?"

And so 2013 Miller family Christmas decorating party commenced at 8:00 a.m, fire and Christmas music included. But no wine :( Coffee instead.

We had a blast!









Saturday afternoon I made a last minute decision to take a road trip with Owen to Chicago to see my friend Laurie. It had been way too long since I'd seen her and I needed too! We had so much fun catching up and eating great Chicago food!

Here are Taz and Owen hanging out:


And that brings us to Thanksgiving!

I have SO much to be grateful for this year. It goes without saying that I'm thankful for my family, but specifically this year I'm so grateful for Owen in our lives. It's so fun to have a baby around! He so cute and yummy and almost always smiling. He brings such joy to our days.


Lastly, every single Thanksgiving since this one, I will always think about the year my Dad was recovering from his third transplant, had a fever way too high and was hospitalized. My mom and brother were with him in the hospital in Salt Lake City and all we wanted in the whole world was for him to come out of it. He did. I remember Gavin texting me a picture of a Turkey dinner set on a tray next to the hospital bed for he and my mom. My dad was too sick and out of it to partake. But he recovered. Remembering that Thanksgiving makes me appreciate each subsequent one from a different perspective.






No comments: