Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Trips Turn 4! Part 2

Warning: There are an absurd amount of pictures in this post!

Over Easter weekend, my brothers, sister in law, and nieces came to visit. I can't even tell you how much I love being around my siblings! The familiarity of shared history, the jokes that never get old, the fact that we know each other so well, that our bond is unbreakable..... well, I just think that adult sibling relationships are the best!

Anyway, it was so fun to have them in town, get to watch our kids (and dogs) play together and stay up wayyy too late watching Jimmy Kimmel clips and laughing. I for one also love having some more girl energy in the house thanks to my sweet nieces! They are such a riot.

So Saturday, we planned an Easter Egg hunt and then celebrated the triplets birthday together. Chris and Kyle hid 180 eggs! Plus A GOLDEN EGG for each child to find (read golden egg very dramatically). Typical Michigan weather cooperation, it snowed.

But that didn't seem to deter the kids!


















And now, Easter egg cake balls.......



Would you believe these took me FOREVER to make? I am not a baker, but saw the idea on Pinterest (Darn you Pinterest!) and before I knew it I was up until the wee hours of the morning trying to pull off these cake balls. Actually, the boys ended up decorating them, which was both a help and kind of fun.

Please tell me they look at least a teeny bit like Easter eggs.




And finally, Uncle G's gift:


Hermit crabs for everyone!

And because I'm sure you're dying to know there names:



I feel oddly stressed about keeping these crabs alive and have read more on hermit crabs than I ever thought I would!

We had such a blast together and like always, our time together was over too fast!




No comments: