Thursday, January 8, 2015

Snowmageddon 2015

We are smack in the middle of a massive snowstorm. School is cancelled for the third day in a row tomorrow. It's 1 degree out and with the wind chill, it's much colder than that.




I get really sick of winter, especially by March. However, there's something about a snow storm that I've always loved. We've been cooped up together for three full days now, not able to go anywhere and it's actually been really nice. Yesterday and today, Colin and Chris were the only ones to get dressed all day. The rest of us stayed in our pj's. I see no reason to get dressed if we're just going to play and snuggle on the couch.

I realized something today too. Something huge and hopeful, about this whole, parenting triplets plus two thing. It might be getting easier.  

I know that we're still in the early stages of parenting triplets (plus two... hate leaving them out) and that new challenges (and joys!) will come with each stage. But in many practical ways, life with our boys seems to be entering a new, dare I say, easier, phase. Each new season brings a little more independence, which makes every day life more manageable.

At one point today, I noticed that Colin and Carter were upstairs playing school, Everett was painting at the kitchen table while talking to me about this and that. Meanwhile, I was feeding Owen a snack and Finn was getting his own snack from the fridge. OMG!!! It seems like just yesterday we still had four or five kids in diapers, needing, what felt like, everything from us.

Don't get me wrong, there are still days I want to run out the front door pulling my hair out! But not today. Today I sunk into the joy of watching the boys grow a smidgen more independent and enjoyed it.

I feel I should also mark this week as the week we've officially entered what I'm dubbing "the potty mouth phase." Do girls go through this phase too?? See, as a boy mom, I don't know these things. All I know is that I've heard "poopy butt" and similar catch phrases about 10,000 times so far this week.

I try hard not to laugh.






No comments: