Thursday, May 9, 2013

Afternoon siesta


Whoa, has it really been a week since I've blogged anything?

So what have I been doing? I've been in an organizing frenzy! I got this surge of energy and the desire to organize EVERYTHING in the house toward the end of last week and have been going going going ever since. Although my body isn't quite keeping up at the pace I'd like :-)

We were also blessed to have visits from both sets of grandparents. What would we do without them?!? My mother-in-law came two days in a row. On the second day she brought tons of flowers and planted our front and side flower beds. Our flower beds looked pretty pitiful and now they look beautiful!! My mother in law has a real gift for gardening and our boys love to help her any chance they get. Anything involving dirt, digging and water.... they're IN!

Then my parents came and helped me organize our master closet and bedroom. My mom got up with the boys so that we could sleep in, even though they happened to get up extra extra early that morning! Gotta love grandparents!

I feel like we made real progress getting the house ready and that feels so good!

However, along with my desire to organize and get ready for baby, I feel this intense desire and need to just be with my boys and spend time with them. To savor these last few weeks "just us".

This afternoon, I laid down on the couch near Colin, watching Mighty Machines. While it's my boys absolute favorite show, it has a tendency to put me to sleep. So there I dozed and felt the baby kick off and on. One by one the younger boys woke up from their nap. Finn, still sleepy came over and and climbed into my arms. As we laid there together I noticed that Colin had also given in and fallen asleep.

I love these boys. I love these moments with them. Doing nothing, yet everything.

p.s. Colin is wearing underwear :) Clothes, no. Underwear, yes.


No comments: