Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Thanksgiving already seems like a while ago now. But I haven't had a chance to post pictures... until today. We had a lovely time at my parents with my brothers, sis-in-law and niece Macy. Macy is so cute! She's 7 months older than the triplets and very into dresses. She'll put on a new dress, then walk into a room and wave her hands in the air in a "Ta DA! Look at me!" motion. My boys just stare, confused and slightly unimpressed. Men.




Here's the crew around the Thanksgiving table:


Of all my children, Carter was most into Thanksgiving. He ate and ate and ate and ate! He LOVED the turkey.


Seriously loved it. His vegetarian mama doesn't cook much, if any meat at our house so I guess he was taking advantage of the opportunity. :)

The next night Kyle, Madeline, Chris and I took Colin and Macy to Crossroads Village to ride the Christmas train (as Colin calls it). They also got to meet one of Santa's actual reindeer!

Colin and Macy waiting for their turn to meet the reindeer


Here comes the train! I can't even explain how cold it was on this night! FREEZING! After waiting a half hour outdoors to see the reindeer, we couldn't wait to get on the warm train. I was so thankful that we hadn't attempted to bring the trips too. They would have been so cold and I think they are still just a little too young to fully enjoy it. Plus I learned my lesson from last year's trip


While we were at my parents, it snowed just enough for Colin and my mom to build the first snowman of the year. 


Now we're back in Holland and the only thing that stands between me and fully Christmasing is a 20 page research paper. UGH!!! Don't. Want. To. Write It! I'm going to force myself to try and get it done soon so that I can have it behind me and enjoy my most favorite time of year! This would be huge because usually I procrastinate until the last minute. We shall see how this unfolds.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!


No comments: