Monday, September 3, 2012

You sure have your hands full!


I can't count the number of times someone has said, "You sure have your hands full" when I am out and about with the boys.

"Yup" I usually say and keep on moving.

But this afternoon I found myself thinking of that phrase and laughing to myself because I LITERALLY had my hands full..... of babies.

Beautiful, soft skinned, sweet smelling yet dirty babies all snuggled up close to me while we enjoyed a lazy afternoon watching 'Yo Gabba Gabba' (that show is oddly relaxing).

I had my right arm around Carter who had climbed up on the couch and snuggled into my side. Then Everett curled up on the left side of me and before I knew it Finn crawled up onto my lap. I could feel each of their little chests go up and down softly breathing.

I looked over and saw Colin sitting with Chris, all of us mesmerized by this wack- a- doodle show.

Chris looked over at me and smiled.

"Isn't this the best?"  he said.

It was. It was the best.

And there's no picture. Because when three 17 month old triplets are quietly curled up in your lap, and your three year old is quietly sitting on your husbands lap NOBODY in their right mind gets up to grab the camera. You just enjoy it while it lasts.



No comments: