Saturday, September 1, 2012

Dear boys,



Last Wednesday was Mom-mom's birthday, so while your Dad worked, we took a day trip over to the other side of the state to help her celebrate. Colin, you threw up twice on the way there. It smelled so awful in the car and I felt so bad for you but I couldn't stop because with four kids in car seats.... I thought stopping would only make things worse. You were such a trooper. Once we got to Mom-moms, you took a bath, ate an entire bagel and were fine the rest of the day. I think you get carsick.

Mimi and aunt Madeline were there too! (I'm so thankful to have a sister-in-law that joins in so wholeheartedly at family events, even if my brother isn't around. On this day I felt like my boys were being extra wild. I was a little embarrassed. But she just goes with the flow and helps me out so much. I am so grateful for her in our lives.)


We ate Chinese, had cake and you boys turned their house into a complete mess. I kept apologizing but Mom-mom and Pop-pop said they couldn't care less about the mess. They were just happy to be able to spend time with you. They love having you around. That's one of the things that's so special about grandparents.

Trips, you also turned 17 months old on Wednesday. For fun, we took a picture in the same chair that we'd taken your picture in last year on this day, when you turned five months.

Five months:

Finn, Everett, Carter

Seventeen months:

Finn, Everett, Carter 


You boys allowed me almost exactly 4 seconds to take a picture before you were done. If I had to use one word to describe you at 17 months it would be: BUSY! and cute. Okay, that's two words.

Busy and cute. Done.




No comments: