Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I will not leave without my soup ingredients!

Today was chilly. It seems fall has truly arrived. The leaves are turning and the kids need their coats consistently when going outside. They pick up leaves and crinkle them in their little hands.

I'm kind of loving this shift into fall.

With that in mind, today just seemed to feel like a soup kind of day. I couldn't get making a hearty soup out of my head and when I realized that it was Wednesday which meant it was Farmer's Market Day, that pretty much sealed the deal. Soup for dinner!

So I decided to make a quick trip over with Carter and Finley. I loaded them in and zipped over, only to  realize when I arrived, that I'd forgotten the stroller.

Nooooooooooo!

Walking around with two almost 18 month olds at a farmer's market- not happening.

I hate when I forget stuff like this.

I didn't have time to go home, get the stroller and come all the way back, given time constraints with the kiddos.

The choice was either to figure out some way to shop with two 17 month olds through the crowded farmer's market or give up my idea of a hearty fall soup and head home.

So I opened up the trunk to see what was in there. This was one of those moments where I was actually thankful that I never clean my car out! haha! It's a hot mess but you're almost sure to find something useful in it.

Sure enough, two Ergos were staring me down.

"YES!"



Let me tell you, carrying two littles that are getting pretty darn heavy thank you very much, one on the front and one on the back, was no picnic. The comments from passer by's at the market had me cracking up!

"oh my.... wow.... two.... okay....interesting..... you are sure weighted down aren't you?...." and on and on.

Stare away folks, say whatever you want but I am getting my soup ingredients!!

.............

Btw, I'm writing this post sitting outside Colin's bedroom, waiting for him to fall asleep. He likes when I do this and I like time to write so.... it works.

I hear the cold wind outside howling. As soon as he's asleep, I'm heading down to pour myself a big bowl of soup and curling up in a blanket to catch up with Chris.

Can't think of much better on this brisk evening.




No comments: