Sunday, September 4, 2011

Dear Trips,


Okay, technically this one was taken aug 30th :). Left to right, Finn, Everett and Carter.


You turned 5 months last Monday, August 29th!

It was a very special day because it was also your Gramma Mooney's birthday and we were in Michigan to celebrate with her. 

Here you are at 5 months:

Aug 29th. From left to right, Everett, Carter and Finn

Finn, we joke about how you are so "Filled with joy" these days! (except when you are completely melting down... again, no in between with you!). You are still the first to wake up in the morning. You never cry, you just make a ton of noise- singing, yelling, cooing at the top of your lungs. There's no choice but to get up and go to you. You'll have nothing less.

Everett, you LOVE to talk with anyone who will listen. On and on and on you'll coo and talk and smile. Such a little flirt you are. When on your belly, you're starting to pull your knees under you and rock.  I can see crawling on the horizon.

Carter, your smile can light up a room. You are so happy and even keeled. I think that you're going to be the first one to get a tooth as you've been drooling non-stop and starting to fuss in that teething sort of way. You hate tummy time but still try hard for mommy!

You're all starting to really notice each other now. I love this picture of Finn staring at Everett because you can tell that the wheels in Finn's head are turning. 

"Who is this guy and what's he doing on my blanket??"



By the way, you have an AMAZING big brother. You should know that. Often without any prompting he'll scoot real close to one of you and say, "Hi Baby!" and then go into the "Googoogaga" talk that he hears from everyone else while playfully smiling and shaking his head. It cracks me up and warms my heart.

I'm also certain that this cutesy play will turn into full out WWF wrestling in a few short years.

.....................

I think my mom had a lovely birthday. We went to breakfast, got pedicures, went swimming, and grilled out. She said that she loved just being surrounded by the boys.



On the night of her birthday, she offered to sleep with the babies to allow me to get a full nights sleep.

I got an uninterrupted, solid, eight hours of sleep!

I felt like a new woman. 

And that act of kindness pretty much says all you need to know about the kind of person my mom is. 










No comments: