Friday, August 3, 2012

It was THAT kind of day....




This is a picture of me that I took just after I finally put the triplets down to bed.

Just look at me. Wearing stretch pants and a tank top that has been stretched out by little arms (stronger than you'd think!). It's had noses and tears wiped on it. There are also bits of breakfast, lunch and dinner on that shirt. My hair = not even brushed today + pulled numerous times. Carter thinks that pulling my hair is the newest, most hilarious trick around. I feel like I've gone 12 rounds in a boxing ring.

Other things to note in that picture. The toilet paper in the sink. Quickly unraveled by someone before bath. So I just threw the unraveled roll into the sink! Also, notice the shower curtain folded up? Carter thought peek a boo in the bath was a brilliant idea. It was. But then Everett and Finn literally jumped on the idea and I was sure the whole curtain + rod was going to come down. Once I pried 30 little fingers off of the curtain (not so easy), I decided to get it out of the way.

This day could be summed up as kids- 4, mom- 0.

Here is a picture of Everett that I managed to take with my phone that also kind of sums up the day.

Caught red handed

I'd left the room for literally only a few seconds to put out another fire in the playroom. When I returned, Everett had climbed up onto the kitchen table and was pulling out flowers from the vase! These kids are fast, curious and seemingly unstoppable in their quests! I'm no match! I just can't keep up with all of them.

This morning I took the four boys outside, and in thinking ahead, I placed a bunch of really cool toys that we don't play with much onto the lawn. Novelty + interesting toys= fun outside. Right? Well maybe not. As it turns out, one boy wanted only to pluck the buds off flowers and eat them, another wanted to play in an empty flower pot that was filled with disgusting rain water and yet another thought putting wood chips in their mouth was the most interesting option out there.

Back inside we went.

Everyone, including myself, was in tears. (well, not Colin. He was just disappointed that he couldn't finish "mowing the lawn") Luckily, he got time for that later, with Chris.

I love being a mom. I love my boys more than anything in this world.

But man, motherhood is tough sometimes. Sometimes you end the day looking and feeling like you've gone 12 rounds in the ring.

Some days I feel under qualified and underpaid.

Lucky my employers are so stinkin' cute. They woo me back to the job every morning and always give me another shot to get it right.


No comments: