Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Carter's first haircut: "Mommy, something tells me you don't know what you're doing" "

Carter was second in the chair and possibly the hardest (although he wasn't really hard). He just had his head on a swivel the whole time trying to see what I was doing.... which makes it harder to cut hair! And Carter's hair was also getting pretty long, especially in the front, so I wanted to make sure I got it short enough so that he could see, but I didn't want it to look all wonky obviously.

Pressure was on!!


"Are you SURE about this??"


"Dad..... SERIOUSLY. I don't think she knows what she's doing!"


Once the popsicles came out, Carter relaxed a tad, but you can still see it in his face.... he's not so sure about my capacity to give him a solid haircut.

Bring out the lollipops!


Concentration


This was my "oops" moment, when I knew I'd taken too much off of the side. I tried to play it cool but Carter knew.


"What have you done woman?!"

In the end, he was happy. Maybe because it's over? haha.


Actually, none of the boys cried which in and of itself felt like a small victory because Colin did at his first haircut. I remember him being scared. I guess that can be one of the advantages to doing it yourself at home. That and we spent zero dollars!

***Everett's first haircut pics tomorrow. Everett had longish curly locks in the back, which were soooo hard for me to cut off :( 

I have them in a baggie now. 

No comments: