Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter!

We had a wonderful day, spent just the six of us. 

We got up and noticed that the Easter bunny had come. The babies got new sippy cups and eggs filled with puffs cereal. Colin's basket included the Winnie the Pooh movie. 



Colin and Chris went to church, while I stayed home with the babies and made brunch.




We tried to take a few pictures of the boys together out in the front yard but I think they were too hungry.


Nobody wanted to cooperate, so we went back inside for brunch.


In all honesty, this was the first time we've really sat down, all six of us together, to share a meal. It felt SO good to do this. 


Although Carter doesn't seem to know table manners yet. 

Brunch at home was so lovely that we decided why not eat dinner out at one of our neighborhood restaurants?

 We'd not yet attempted this but there was no food in the house and we were feeling a bit brazen. 

I'm so happy to share that it was a success! The kids seemed to have a great time being out and about. Chris and I got to enjoy our meals and even split a bottle of wine. Hmmm, on second thought, maybe that's why it was a success :-) Honestly, I can't tell you how good it felt to be out doing "normal" family things. We used to take Colin out to dinner with us everywhere but since the babies joined our family, we've been too scared to try. 

I'm really glad we did it though. As a side note, I'm cracking up lately by how many people ask, "Are those all your children??" I guess it's because three are the same age. And I suppose it's plausible that on Easter Sunday we're babysitting someone else's kids too and decide to take everyone out to dinner.... but really?? Oh! and someone else told us that we looked "tired". Well, no kidding! You don't have to say that though! 

Unbeknownst to me, Colin took my phone during dinner and took his own pictures. Here are two of them:


Lemonade and yogurt. Pretty self explanatory.

And then there was this guy:


His meal. He just LOVED how this came and spent some time "talking" to his plate of food. Is it just me or is there something a little creepy about this meal?

Anyway, watch out Chicago because we are getting braver! Don't be surprised if the Miller clan shows up at your restaurant!









No comments: