Thursday, March 15, 2012

"How does she do that amazing trick with the sock?!?"

Dear babies,

Tonight as I go to bed, I can't stop thinking about the fun we had earlier today.

It was so simple. You all wanted the remote to which I said "no no no".

That did not go over well to say the least.

Then I picked up a sock to try and divert your attention but you weren't interested....

Until I put it on my head, did a dramatic, "ah ah AH.... CHOO!" and let the sock fall to the ground.

Oh my goodness, you all laughed and laughed and laughed. You each looked at me like I was the funniest and smartest person on the planet. "How does she do that amazing trick with the sock!?!"


We did it again and again and again. Each time, when the laughter would subside, one of you would pick up the sock off the ground and hand it to me. Then, the time I didn't put my hand out, Finn, you picked it up and actually reached up and put it on my head. All the while Carter was doing his sign for "more" and/ or clapping excitedly. Everett, you were almost always two inches from my face busy laughing wildly with your one arm slung around my shoulder (classic everett position!). It struck me how clever you are all getting... how your developing right before my eyes each and every day.

These are sweet moments that remind me how much I love being a mother.

I love being your mother and playing these silly games with you. You are each smart, funny, sweet and so fun to be around.

No comments: