Saturday, December 24, 2011

The true spirit of Christmas

Remember this post?

I was feeling overwhelmed, tired, bogged down by the every day demands of motherhood. 

I had these beautiful Christmas cards laying in a box, by the door, unaddressed.... and I wasn't sure how I was going to get them addressed and mailed. 

Then a little elf called me and essentially said, "I'm coming by to pick up your box of Christmas cards. E-mail me your address book and I'll address them all."

"Are you SURE???" I asked.

She wouldn't take "no" for an answer.

The next day the elf returned with this:


A stack of stuffed, addressed, even stamped Christmas cards, ready to go and wrapped up in a red bow.

She handed them to me, along with a Starbucks coffee, and went on her way. 

This act of kindness might just be the thing I remember most about Christmas 2012. This elf is busy too and has a lot going in her own life and yet she took time to ease my burden. I felt humbled, appreciative and a deep desire to pay it forward by keeping my eye out for an opportunity to ease someone else's burden. 

This Christmas spirit thing is contagious, in the very best of ways.



***** I'll post a picture of our Christmas card in the next couple days. I love how it turned out, thanks to Momento Design!




No comments: