Wednesday, October 12, 2011

M and M come to town- Yippee!!

Cousins doing their thing!
My sister in law Madeline and niece Macy came to visit this past weekend. We had such a great time! How seriously lucky I am to have a sister in law I can also call, friend.

On Monday we decided to take the kids to the Lincoln Park Zoo. It was a beautiful fall day- the best a fall day can get. The weather was warm, but with just enough of a cool breeze to wear jeans and bring a sweatshirt. Golden leaves were falling everywhere in our path.

While I'd considered bringing all the boys, at some point I switched my goal to bringing Colin and just one baby. The other two (both of whom seemed to be getting colds anyway, would stay with Amelie). So that means Maddes and I only had three kids to get out of the house.

Yet getting out the door took hours. Hours! 

Why is it SO hard to get out the door?! Or at least for me it almost always is. 

Just moving the car seats in the mini van around to accommodate Macy's car seat, my Valco and Maddes' BOB was a spectacle in and of itself. 



But we made it and the zoo was delightful!



Very worth it!

A few highlights for me were when Colin turned to me, after staring for a few minutes at the camels and said, "Mommy, what IS that??"



He'd never seen a camel before....

Finn's got his tough guy face on.. "You talkin' to me?!"
And then taking Finn on the merry go round for the first time. I was thinking about this time too.






Unbeknownst to me, Colin also brought his pocket flashlight.... I guess to see the animals better. Oh how this kid cracks me up! I had to tell him that I wasn't sure if the Gorillas like having a light shined right in their eyes....

I can't go to the zoo anymore without remembering this most perfect day there. Since that time, I've never gone again when there haven't been hoards of people there.

Still, it was a great day watching the cousins explore together!

Come back soon Maddes and cousin Macy!!!

No comments: