Friday, August 26, 2011

Thank God for Grandparents

Still on vacation...

This morning, in between changing a diaper and wiping spit up off my shoulder, I heard my mom casually ask, "Do the kids want to go on a walk?"

Me: "What? Who? Who are you referring to?"

My Mom: "All of the kids."

Me: "REALLY?? You want to take ALL of them on a walk? That's five kids mom..."

I raise a sceptical eyebrow..... Does she realize what she's saying?

My Mom: "Sure, why not?"


I instantly have flashbacks to the previous morning when I tried to take just two babies on a "fitness walk". Let's just say it wasn't a success.

Me: "Yes, yes of course. Why NOT take a 2 year old, a 1 year old and three 4 month olds on a walk? You're right, this is a GREAT idea and makes PERFECT sense. CHRIS!! GET OUT HERE! Pack up the kids! HURRY! They're going on a walk. Yes, Yes, ALL of them. Pack 'em up!"

Chris and I frantically move about, putting on sunscreen, changing, dressing, grabbing hats... hoping and praying minds aren't changed and my that my mom doesn't suddenly reflect on this decision and realize, "You know what, it's probably too much"

Off they ALL went.

The house was quiet.

Chris and I grabbed our coffees, sat on the front porch and listened to the waves.

Somehow the babies, Colin and cousin Macy were all perfect little angels on the walk. It ended up being a win win for all.

Thank God for Grandmas. I swear they have magic powers.




No comments: