Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fisher Price Rock and Play Sleepers

We used these bassinets until the boys were almost three months and for us, were well worth the investment. What I loved about them:


  • Portability- In the city, we don't have a ton of space. These fold up just like a lawn chair so that when the babies weren't using them, or if we have visitors over, we could easily just fold them up and stack them against a wall in the corner. 
  • They're cozy- we would swaddle the babies and them place them in and they were snug as a bug in a rug. And pretty darn content.
  • Rockability- These bassinets rock and the beauty in this is that when all the babies are fussing at once and you're alone with them (fun times!) you can hold/ feed/ nurse one baby and use each of your feet to rock the the other two in the bassinets. I should have the strongest ankles ever because I spent many a late nights doing this early on. 
  • Mostly I liked these because our babies were very content in them early on.
Only downside:
  • I realized that the backing to the bassinet is super hard (it's plastic) and in turn I wished I had placed a folded blanket or something a little softer behind the babies when they were in there. My boys have slight flat spots on there heads and I don't know for sure, but I suspect that the hard backing contributed. I will admit too, that our boys spent quite a bit of time in these bassinets early on (more than other bouncy chairs or swings) because they loved them so much. If I could go back in time, I'd definitely use these again but I'd cushion with a blanket and make sure to be more diligent about tummy time early on. 

No comments: