Sunday, August 7, 2011

Carter Paige



Dear Carter,

I used to read a blog called The McMommy Chronicles and the mom who wrote it had a son named Carter. I remember immediately thinking, "Hmmm, there's something about that name.... I like it. I like it a lot."

At the time, I'd just had your brother Colin so I wasn't even thinking baby names! But the name stuck with me and now that we know you better, I can't imagine you named anything but Carter. It's just so YOU.

Your middle name, Paige, is my name. It makes me proud that you have my name as a part of yours. 

Of the triplets, you were the first born. You were also the first one brought to me after they checked you out, cleaned you up and swaddled you tight. They brought you over and your eyes were open wide, looking all around. You were so observant, right from the start. The first thought I had was, "Oh. My. God. He's SO cute!" I'm pretty sure I said those exact words out loud. I was so happy to meet you. 

You look like your daddy. Actually, you look like your grandfather Florian Krause. I never got to know him but everyone says he was a phenomenal man filled with integrity and great stories. You are a lucky little man to have the face of your father and grandfather in your reflection. 

At first, we called you our little Benjamin Button because you looked like a little old man and I mean that in only the best way. You were and are, FREAKING ADORABLE.

When you smile, your little nose crinkles and your mouth opens wide. 

You are patient. In my belly, you were baby "A" and thus destined to lead the way out! By the end of my pregnancy, you were squished by your brothers and literally on your way out for many weeks. But you held on. You were ever so patient and waited until the most perfect time, on the most perfect day, to be born. You carry that patience with you today in our family. When things get crazy and everybodys hungry, you'll lock eyes with me as if to say, "Feed them first Mommy. I can wait."

You are kind (and yes, I realize that's a funny way to describe a baby, but you are. It emanates from you).

Yesterday we danced around the living room to Ingrid Michaelson. It made you smile and laugh out loud.

Carter Paige, you are a sweet, patient, kind, gentle soul with a terrific smile. You are my little gentleman and we are so thankful for you.

Here are some pictures I took of you just this morning.






-        

No comments: