Monday, February 7, 2011

34



Over the weekend I turned 34 years old.
My younger brothers like to tease me about getting older but I don't care one bit. So far the 30's have been a wonderful adventure. I married my husband, had little c and will be blessed with three more sons in the next few months. No doubt this year will bring many challenges but also also many joys and laughs.

My birthday was a perfectly low key, relaxing day spent with family. In the morning, a photographer came to the house to take some family pictures and capture this big belly, then I took a long nap and for dinner we sat around the dining room table, my parents, Chris, little c and my brother G, and enjoyed my mom's homemade pizza and pudding cake (it's the best!)

I also got some fun, thoughtful gifts such as a comfy bathrobe, a new lens for my camera, some scarfs and nursing wear. 

But the very BEST present? 
That I'm 27 weeks strong into this pregnancy. The boys still seem to be very content and cozy in my belly and for that I'm so grateful. 

And one more thing that I'll remember forever which happened on my birthday. Late that night as I was just drifting off to sleep I heard little c begin to stir down the hall. Since I can't get out of bed that easily or move very quickly, I usually usually nudge my husband and he goes to see what the little man needs. Just as I was reaching over to wake Chris, I heard Colin's little voice yell, "Mama!"
"MAMA?! He's calling ME specifically?!"

Colin has been a little late with his language development and although he has many more words now, "Mama" has been a very recent development in just the last week or two. 
And still, he's never called for me in the middle of the night. Usually he just cries.
Let me tell you, I dragged my pregnant self out of bed and wobbled down the hall just as fast as I could yelling, "Mama's coming!"

He just needed a drink of milk which I gladly got for him, basking in the fact that he called MY name. 
I'm sure that many years from now, after a thousand middle of the night calls for mom, the sound of Mommy yelled by my boys won't carry the same sweetness as this first. But for now, for today, it was the icing on the cake.

No comments: