Thursday, September 9, 2010

There are three babies in my belly!


Every time I see Chris, I say those words. Earlier, I called him at work just to tell him. I still can't get over it!

So it's day two after receiving the news we're expecting triplets. I woke up this morning with a lot of worries on my mind. Then I talked to my friend Candace, an awesome mommy of twin boys. I told her the news and blabbed on about all the "what ifs" running through my mind. She told me what Chris said, "This is going to work out". And then she added, "Not only is this going to work out, this is going to be wonderful!" She said that although being a parent of multiples brings added work, there are also special joys that only parents of multiples can know. When I got off the phone with her, I felt hopeful and even excited.

I am so attached to these three little growing babies inside me. Yesterday at the ultrasound appointment, the nurse warned me some pregnancies, which start out as triplets, end up as twins. I am PRAYING that each little bean reveals their strong little heartbeats next week.

Things I don't know:
  • Anything about carrying and raising triplets
  • How we'll afford all these kids (4 kids in college at once?!?!)
  • What the heck kind of stroller I get for 3 babies and a toddler (am I really going to be pushing a quad stroller through the city?? (Talk about the circus coming through town)
  • How I'll give each baby the individual attention they need
  • How I'll breastfeed 3 babies (as my mom said, "too bad you don't have 3 boobs")
  • How this mommy who tends to require 8 hours of sleep per night is going to survive on much less. Even colin slept through the night after only 4 weeks!
  • What we'll do about our car situation
  • What we'll do about our house situation (small + under construction)
  • How I'll ever take them all to the park at once (can you say chaos??)
  • Just how big IS my belly going to get (I made the mistake of googling 'triplet belly'. Yikes!)
But what I do know for sure:

We have a lot of love to give these babies. We absolutely love being parents. And we'll continue to live and love as a family no matter what comes our way.

***P.S.- The above picture was taken at a friends wedding just a few days after we first found out that we were expecting what we assumed, was our second baby. Given what we know now, I think this picture is hilarious.

No comments: