Tuesday, July 20, 2010

And the waiting begins....


Anyone who has been trying to conceive for any length of time knows:

The Two Week Wait SUCKS!

It should be called, "The two week wait that feels like a month". Because that's what it feels like.

I think this one will be the hardest wait of all for me because this was the first time undergoing IUI and we are so very very hopeful! High counts, great timing, good size follicle, "beautiful" lining- as the technician said :-), pretty relaxed attitude (just off two wonderful vacations)....

Bottom line, my husband and I are feeling really good that maybe, just maybe THIS is finally the month that our next bean starts growing.

The past two weeks have flown by, probably because this month so far has required blood draw after blood draw, test after test, and shot after shot. I was so entirely focused on staying organized with everything that had to be scheduled, faxed and done that before I knew it, it was time for the actual procedure. By the way, as an admitted disorganized, occasional forgetful mommy, I am SO proud of myself for actually pulling this off. All appointments were scheduled at the right locations, on the right days, meds were picked up in the right locations, injections were administered properly (maybe with the exception of that one Not for Human Use incident).

Anyway, based on these last two whirlwind weeks, I assumed that throughout this two week wait, I'd continue going to the office for a blood draw or something. But when I asked the nurse about it today, she just said, "Nope, just do a pregnancy test in two weeks". She may as well just said, "Go home and stew about it, over analyze every possible symptom, and keep re-counting the passing days in the hopes that you miss counted and it IS actually time to test."

Not that I'm going to do any of those things....

So.... here we wait.

Is it bad that I'm already counting on my fingers and plotting when I can take my first pregger test?


No comments: