Monday, May 10, 2010

Our week at Pop-Pop and Gramma’s


Chris thought that maybe Colin and I should take a trip to Gramma and Pop-Pop’s in Michigan to give him time and space to crank on the bathroom renovations. So off we went! I’m so thankful to get to spend chunks of time watching Colin get to know my parents. He just lights up when they’re around. My dad will often say that they are going to have a "guys morning” which usually consists of stopping up at the grocery store, Sam’s club and Christian book store. He says that Colin is a chick magnet and that everybody just loves him wherever they go. :)

My mom is Colin’s go to person when in need of a good cuddle. She snuggles him in close and off they go. I love to see how serene he looks in her arms. I often wonder if to him, she smells like me or feels like me, because he's always been so comfortable with her, similar to how he is with me.

Colin LOVES to be outside. At our house in Chicago, we have a teeny tiny lawn. But at my parents house in the burbs he can really explore the yard and I’m sure to him it seems to go on and on. A few mornings my dad took him out to do "yard work" together. I loved sitting by the window and watching him “help” my dad. By “help” I mean use his shovel to dig and pour dirt everywhere and transfer mulch from one part of the yard to another.

Although I was excited to get back to Chris, I felt sad leaving. Home will always be home, no matter how old you are. Here are some pictures from the week:




No comments: