Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Happy Birthday Chris!



Couldn't resist! (Taken at the "March Birthday's Celebration" in Fl. a few weeks ago. )

Dear Boys,

Your Dad had a birthday on Sunday! He said that all he wanted was some sleep, which I completely understood because it's exactly what I dreamed of for my birthday. Sleep is still a rare commodity around here..... hard to come by and totally coveted.

So together we made it happen for him! At first, it was hard to convince you all to get dressed for early church.... but then I dangled the fact that Grandma was going to come visit after church....provided that you listen to mommy, get dressed and get in the car without push back and fighting (oh yes, totally played the bribery card!). Of course, Grandma was coming no matter what, but you didn't know that :-)

Anyway, we made it to church and even ran an errand to the grocery store for milk on the way home, arriving around 11. We walked in to find your Dad sipping coffee and looking pretty refreshed.... which made my day because he deserves it! He does so much for us as a family (which is pretty much the understatement of the year).

There's so much I love about your dad but what I'm thinking about tonight as I type this is how thankful I am that he is such a present and loving father. It comes so naturally to him.

Case in point: Last night, I went to bed before him. When I awoke in the middle of the night, I noticed that he wasn't in bed so I went to investigate. There I found him fast asleep on your bedroom floor. In the morning when I asked why he'd slept on your floor, he said, "Well, on my way up to bed, I heard _____ coughing a lot and so I thought that I'd sleep on their floor in case he needed a breathing treatment or help during the night." 


Case in point two: Tomorrow he's arranged his schedule to go teach Colin's kindergarten class about how to make maple syrup, complete with tasting samples and a log to tap :)..... and then he volunteers in Colin's school computer lab following the maple syrup gig!


That's your Dad.

He shows up.... for each of you and for me, in big ways and a million little ways. Every. Single. Day.




Carter picked out this card himself. Trust me, he's much more excited about it then this picture shows.

Finley calls Chris, "My best friend"

If you meet Everett, he will tell you his name first and then second he will tell you that when he grows up, he will be a Daddy. Every time, without fail. So funny, that kid.
Owen bought Chris a new t-shirt from the Gap. He was so proud. 
Want to know what our main gift to Chris was? A new coffee maker! This one. It promises to BREW EXTREME. Whatever that means, we're on board!

No comments: