Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014





I'm sitting in the older boys room as they fall asleep for the night. It's been a long couple days. We were supposed to go to my parents house for thanksgiving and meet up with my brothers, sister in law, and nieces. We'd looked so forward to spending time with each of them and had been counting the "sleeps" until our trip.



And then the stomach flu hit hard. HARD. Owen was the first to drop, on Tuesday, when, out of the blue, he started vomiting over and over during an event in Colin's Kindergarten class. It was such a scene that I had to write a post about it! But before I could proofread and hit "publish", I succumb to the virus myself (I still plan on sharing that story soon though!). 

Then Chris got hit with it. On Thanksgiving, Chris and I were both sick and basically took turns napping and encouraging our five little boys to watch as much tv as they wanted!

Poor Everett went down for the count last night and still tonight we wait and wonder who will be the next to start puking their guts out. 

Still.

Still. We are together. We have people in our lives who love us enough to miss us at the table and who feel a void when we're not there. And whom we too love, miss and feel that same void. We have each other to love and care for. We are safe. And we know this too shall pass.

 That is a lot to be thankful for today.


No comments: