Friday, November 14, 2014

Picture Perfect....and Behind the Scenes



We had our first snow this week. Yesterday to be exact. By four pm, this was the scene outside:

 

Snow gently falling and little boys playing in it. 

Picture perfect. 

Of course, that's not the whole story. ;)

Let me just put it this way, I'm not sure which was more painful. Birthing them all....

-Or-

Taking them all shopping for boots, including one 18 month old who thought it was his JOB to pull every box of shoes off the shelves that he possibly could.

Searching the house for the bin of snow pants, hats, gloves, coats etc. and determining what still fit.

And finally, dressing five little boys to go play out in the snow. 

All in one day. Because God forbid I was to plan ahead one of these years. 

By the time we were all out there, I was SPENT. They, on the other hand, were energized.

And so it goes.......


I spy five Miller boys

Owen kept making the funniest faces while exploring the snow. Love this kid. 
The only one who didn't need any new snow gear. Thanks to hand me downs!

Colin

Everett

Finn

 Well, I just noticed that I don't have a picture of Carter from outside. Probably because he was too busy shoveling. That kid is such a worker and seriously loves the outdoors. He never stops working and playing, even for a second, when outdoors. 

BUT- I do have a funny picture of Carter, from today. He ran over to me all proud and asked, "Mom do you like my necklace?! It's a scissor necklace!"



While I can appreciate the creativity, I do question the safety element of a "scissor necklace", especially when I see him running around the house, scissor necklace swinging everywhere.

 Maybe it's just me. 













No comments: