Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I'm a boy mom #423



First, I see Colin heading across the yard wearing protective googles and carrying his red shovel.

Next, I notice that Carter isn't in sight.

"Colin, where's Carter?" I shout over to him.

"He's on the side of the house." He calls back, although it's obvious he has no time to talk.

"COLIN, WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING??"

"Don't worry! We're just chopping down a tree Mom."

Oh, okay. No big deal. You're just chopping down a tree.

So of course I marched right over there, with Owen bopping up and down on my left hip.

And there they were, doing just as they said. Colin with his shovel and Carter with an actual saw. AN ACTUAL SAW, PEOPLE.  (But I swear, I do watch my children!)


Do girl moms come across these same scenarios throughout the day??

I texted Chris that he had to come see this and so out he came. But instead of just laughing and going back inside, he took the opportunity to climb the tree and cut off a bunch of dead branches.


Because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree now, does it?







No comments: