Friday, March 21, 2014

I dance like J Lo


Earlier today, while Carter, Finn and Everett were napping and only after Colin watched 'Peep and the Big Wide World', he let me watch highlights from American Idol last night. We ended up dancing our fool heads off to J Lo's performance of 'I Luh Ya Papi'. True story.

After a few minutes he turns to me and says with absolute conviction, "Mommy, you dance exactly like her!!"

Her, being Jennifer Lopez.

So there you have it folks. Five years olds don't lie. I dance exactly like J Lo.

I thought to myself, "This is the BEST!"

And not three hours later this same little darling's head hit my nose at incredible speed when he slammed into my body. Not on purpose. He was just trying to escape a lion (Carter) but I wasn't expecting it because I'd been looking at Owen and wondering if he was hungry or tired. In all seriousness, I thought I broke my nose and sat with ice on it for as long as I could.

I thought to myself, "This is so HARD!"



But before I knew it, it was almost 6 p.m. and this was was the scene around here:

Finn chasing me with a hairbrush and brushing my hair into my face. Then I'd surprise him and once he laughed so hard he little literally fell over. It doesn't take much to make Finn laugh.



Colin, watching a little T.V upside down and intermittently right side up to work on a bristle block creation.


Owen and Carter playing a game of "Grab my leg and laugh"


Everett, settling into his usual spot during meal prep. That kid steals so many bites of whatever I'm preparing! There's only one main counter space though so I have nowhere else to go. Sometimes it really bugs me but mostly I think it's cute. And I like that he keeps me company.


Lot's of kids around us,


Which is a blessed way to end a day and start the weekend, for sure.

P.S: Tomorrow is Chris's birthday and I can't wait!!! I'm very excited to give him my gift and I really hope he likes it. If you want to follow on Instagram, I'll likely be posting some pictures from the day.

Have a great weekend everyone!




No comments: