Monday, July 8, 2013

July 4th weekend,

started out iffy but ended with a bang!

We were pretty excited about this past weekend because my grandmother was traveling up from Pennsylvania to visit at my parents home in Flint, MI. We planned to celebrate her ninety third birthday. It was a big deal for her to travel and we couldn't wait to spend time with her! My brother Kyle, sister in law Madeline and their two girls were also going to be there. We love getting to see them too!


Here was the plan:

I'd head to my parents house which is two hours away, on Thursday. Chris would stay back because he had to work on Friday. He'd join up with us Friday evening.

So much for the plan because by Thursday night Everett was experiencing a full blown asthma reaction, having trouble breathing and coughing so hard that he kept throwing up. And wouldn't you know it, I'd forgotten to pack both his inhaler and nebulizer. Lesson learned friends! I'll NEVER travel without his medicines ever again. It was so scary. I'm always amazed at how quickly Everett's asthma issues can escalate. Thursday afternoon he had a mild runny nose and by midnight I was debating whether to rush him to the hospital. Ugh, so scary.

Chris ended up dropping everything and racing to my parents house in the middle of the night, inhaler and nebulizer in hand. Through the night we gave him his breathing treatments and kept debating whether to take him in. We stayed up until 5 a.m. watching him breath. However, with each breathing treatment, he seemed to get better and in the end we never had to take him to the hospital. Such a relief!

So that was Thursday/ Friday. Not fun at all but we're so grateful that by Saturday he was feeling better.

On Saturday he was well enough so that we could all go swimming in my parent's neighbor's pool. I think this was the most fun we've had together as a family in a long time. It was just the best!




My grandmother even walked over, held Owen and watched for a while.


On Sunday we celebrated her birthday.

Ninety three years.

Colin, Owen, Everett, Reese, Macy, Carter and Finn with Grandmother
***A few more pictures from our weekend in tomorrow's post :-)


No comments: