Friday, August 17, 2012

Jookie!!


The one other thing I did on Saturday was visit with Jill Leibhaber a children's photographer, whose studio 'Jookie' is located in Rockwell Crossing in Chicago. She took pregnancy and newborn pictures back when Colin was born and we've kept in touch ever since. 

Last year I won a contest to be able to sit down and chat with her about photography, learn more about my camera and ask any questions that I wanted. What an opportunity! We met back in December and then had a follow-up on Saturday during my 24 hour "mommy break" in Chicago. She took soooo much time with me and as always I'm in awe of her talent! She's such an example of someone who is following their passion and doing what they're meant to do. Her pictures reflect that.

If you live in or ever visit Chicago, check out her work! Her newborn pictures are to die for. I went to her website just now and noticed that some of our photos, from when I was pregnant with Colin and when he was just 8 days old, are still featured on her website under Jookie experience. I haven't seen these photos in a long time.... and yet they still make me cry. That time in our life was so special. 

Thank you Jill for all your beautiful work and for teaching me a few tricks of the trade!









No comments: