Thursday, January 5, 2012

What I got for Christmas!

errrrrr, I mean, what Colin got for Christmas.

Last night we finally had a little bit of time and energy to put together Colin's new kitchen... and by "we" I mean Chris of course.

Chris, in case you've missed this fact about him from previous posts, is super handy. He's taken our 120 year old Chicago bungalow and made it ours. He built us a basement, moved the laundry to the second floor, added our boys bedroom, gutted and re-built our bathroom, laid hardwood floor, custom built our closets .... I could go on and on. There's no project that intimidates him,

except apparently this kitchen. He avoided putting this together like the plague. 




"There's so many pieces!" he kept saying as I laughed and reminded him that he basically re-built our whole house. 

A few beers and an hour and a half later, it was complete.

I just about freaked out, possibly jumping up and down, clapping my hands like a seal and squealing,



"OMG I LOVE IT!!!!!"

I also may or may not have started playing with it.... while the kids were in bed.

All day today I felt like I was stalking Colin, following him around asking, "Wanna play kitchen? Wanna play kitchen?"

He bit a few times and I loved every minute of it.

Doesn't he look sooo into it?
Then we went back to the usual: sawing, hammering, leaf blowing and playing trains and cars.

Kitchen found here


1 comment:

Unknown said...

that kitchen is fantastic? i want it for myself! i don't blame you for playing with it haha.