Sunday, January 22, 2012

9 month check-up

The boys had their 9 month check-up on Friday. 

Whenever I have to get all the kids out of the house to be somewhere at a certain time, it really magnifies the fact that I'm not a plan ahead kind of girl. In turn, I'm often running late.

Our appointment was at 9:30 a.m. and at 8:30 I was just getting the boys into the bath. I was still in my p.j.s and Colin was still asleep. The diaper bag was not at all packed and it was snowing outside.

 Worse, it didn't occur to me that we were running late.

So enough it did occur to me that we needed to get a move on it! And then I was a frantic mess.

What a zoo it was getting out of the house. I was a hurricane of disorganization, throwing diapers and pacifiers in a bag, filling to-go bottles, dressing babies, stuffing them in snowsuits, dressing Colin while handing him a granola bar, running babies out to the car etc etc.... It was 10 degrees outside and I was literally sweating trying to get us all out of the house. 

But we got there. 

The boys check-up went well. They are doing great and once again I feel SO thankful for their healthy development. 

The first thing our doctor asked was, "So how are things going?!"


I had to laugh.

"Well doc.... if you had seen us trying to get out of the house this morning you'd think we're a complete disaster, but really overall, I think we're doing great."

He just laughed, but it's the truth. Sometimes it seems like we're running around like fools putting out one fire after the other. Sometimes my lack of organization and planning gets the best of me.... but overall, we are doing great. 

And oh so unbelievably blessed.


Finley and Everett waiting with Amelie

Carter getting weighed while Colin supervises


No comments: