Sunday, August 21, 2011

Vacation.... or something like that



Well, we made it to the beach!

Our goal was to get on the road NO LATER than 3 p.m.

We left just after 9 p.m.

Chris and I climbed into our overloaded mini-van, exhausted and thinking, "Our life is pure craziness" but as we pulled away Colin yells from the back, "Me happy! Let's go beach!" That got us laughing and slowly moving into vacation mode.

So we arrive at the beach house, Chris grabs a beer, and we settle in, happy to be on vacation....

But here's the thing about being on vacation with our triplets plus one:

They don't seem to know it it's vacation.

They're all still getting up at 7:30 AT THE LATEST.

The triplets still want a bottle in the middle of the night.

They still expect us to get up and hold them and soothe them if they're having trouble sleeping.

They still all expect us to put them to bed. Colin expects a story read.

We still have to wash bottles, wash copious loads of laundry, and change approximately 30+ diapers a day.

They still cry, sometimes all at once.

All four kids are sleeping in our room with us, which means I hear every sound they make, every roll they do, and every breath that sounds in any way different from the norm.

I guess I couldn't help dreaming of sleeping in, exercising and leisurely reading on the beach. The truth is, I haven't even been to the beach yet and it's right across the street! I can see it from my window.

And that book I brought to read? Haven't opened it yet.

But I might.

I can dream, right?






No comments: