Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday

I awoke this morning to my daily wake up call, Colin. He was an inch from my face, and as usual saying, "Up up!" in his most cheerful voice.
 Cute for sure, but it was around 6:30 a.m. and I was exhausted.
 I tried to put on an episode of sesame street and sneak back to sleep, but didn't have much luck. 

So we met Chris downstairs (yup, he still sleeps in the basement with the rest of our crew) and after a venti coffee, got the itch to organize. When the house is cluttered my mind feels cluttered and so me and my venti coffee went buzzing around the house doing laundry, cleaning bathrooms, and organizing. I've sort of learned to do things at lightning speed. When I'm with the boys I remind myself (sometimes out loud if needed), "sloooooow doooown". But when I'm not with the boys, I move on fast forward, because usually I only have a short period of time before they need me back or before I need to be back with them. 


One of the things I'd been meaning to get to all week, is box up all the newborn clothes and get out 0-3's and 3 month stuff. My boys are growing well and even getting some fat rolls! It's thrilling! However, I'm so sentimental and find the process of packing away the clothes they've outgrown and laying out the new clothes, filled with such mixed emotions. With each new exciting milestone and phase of development, you must say goodbye to the previous stage that will never again be. For me it's always bittersweet.

Do you know that Chris and I have have not yet bought any clothes for the triplets? We continue to be so overwhelmed by the generosity of our family and friends (and big brother Colin's hand me downs). It's incredible and humbling and one of these days I'm going to get my proper thank you's in the mail!


BIG thanks to Uncle G for watching the boys today while Chris and I worked on the house! I'm pretty sure that no other single guy in Chicago knows more about babies than Uncle G! What great training my boys are giving him :)


uncle G napping with two of the four




No comments: