Thursday, August 19, 2010

It's been way too long


since I last blogged. There's so much to report that I'm just going to cram it all in to this one post!

Here it goes:

  • Round two IUI process began two weeks ago. Shots each day, trips to the suburbs for ultrasounds, a VERY well behaved little boy waiting patiently in his stroller (I can only hope that he didn't see anything that will scar him for life), a trigger shot last Friday and the procedure completed by Sunday. Now the waiting has begun. I'm cautiously hopeful.
  • Chris and I went away overnight last weekend. Gramma and Pop-Pop watched c while we went downtown and stayed at the Wit. It was FABULOUS. We knew c was in amazing hands with peeps that love him as much as we do, so it was easy to completely relax and just enjoy each other's company. We had drinks on the roof, dinner at Smith and Wollensky along the river and watched some T.V, and pretended we were on vacation. Even the air conditioning breaking in the middle of the night couldn't ruin our "vacation".
  • Oh, and in the midst of all of this, my brother Kyle and his wife Madeline had a beautiful baby girl! Macy James Mooney was born on thursday august 12, 2010. She's perfect. It's pretty surreal to see my brother as a father. He's so proud and happy and attentive to her. But when I watch him holding his daughter I can't help but wonder, "when did we all grow up?" It seems like just yesterday his He-Man and army figures were tormenting my innocent barbies.

No comments: