Sunday, July 4, 2010

Vacation over....




Our vacation in Long Beach, IN has come to an end..... boo hoo!

I'm so thankful to my parents for providing a place for us to gather. I love sitting with the original Mooney 5- my parents, and bros- as well as our "grown up" families.... my husband, son, sister-n-law, my brother's girlfriend.....

My brothers and I tell old stories from our childhood and lovingly tease each other... (i.e. Gav's foot fungus, my inability to catch a certain star runner at our high school, camping vacations)... We reminise, eat lots of food and laugh. Our spouses laugh too. It's the best.

As predicted, Colin LOVED the beach. Chris also LOVED the beach- or should I say, digging on the beach. He would dig and colin would help with his mini shovel, proud to be Daddy's assistant. I couldn't tell who was having more fun.

Maybe me.... because while they dug endlessly in the sand, I got to sit on my butt, feet in the sand, reading a novel. Something I haven't done in a while.

When not reading, I'd let myself daydream about our future babies- brothers or sisters for colin. I'm so impatient to meet them. I can't wait for the day, when I'm sitting on the beach, watching them all play together.


No comments: