Monday, August 4, 2014

Summer Fun

This past weekend I took the boys to visit my parents so that Chris could get some work done on the house. He painted and installed eight new doors which is great because 1. they look amazing and 2. the unpainted doors are now out of the garage!

The boys quickly put the old doors to use, haha.


It's a frog cage/ trap. Of course.

And yes, we let our three year olds use a power drill. :-)

So while we were at my parents house, we ended up taking the boys swimming. Not to just any pool, but to the pool I grew up swimming at myself. Well, that's partially true. Technically, they've rebuilt the pool since I was a kid. Still, it's the same place and it was so fun to watch them play in the water!

On Friday, I asked Colin if he wanted to jump off the diving board (for the first time ever). Here's how the conversation went:

Me: "Colin, do you want to try jumping off the diving board?"

Colin: "No, maybe tomorrow." 

Saturday's conversation:

Me: "Colin, what do you think? Do you want to jump off the diving board today?"

Colin: "No, it's too crowded. Maybe when the other kids leave."

Me: "Are you sure? I'll catch you if you want."

Colin: "Yeah, no, I don't think so. Maybe next time."

Me: "Okay, no problem."

Then I notice that Carter has been listening and watching me intently,

"Carter, do you want to jump off the diving board??"

Carter: "Yes!!"

To which Colin immediately says,

"Wait, me first! I do want to go! Me first!!"

And then picture Colin super fast walking (because you can't run on a pool deck, right?) over to the diving board, putting his arm out to make sure he is first before his little brother, then running and jumping off the end!



After that they must have jumped about 30 times that afternoon. It was fun to watch.

More fun pictures from our pool time:














No comments: