Wednesday, February 6, 2013

It's my birthday!


Well, yesterday was my birthday, to be exact.

I had the most wonderful day. Truly.

My second favorite part of the day was getting to "sleep in" until 7:45 when Colin ran in and excitedly woke me up, saying that it was time to go downstairs.

"Okay", I'd said. But I planned to take my time. It was after all, my day. Chris would forgive me for lingering a little longer in our warm bed. Then, from downstairs I heard Colin announcing, "She's coming, she's coming! Quick, get ready!" following by lots of scurrying around and lots of laughter.

So I figured I'd better get down there. Which brings me to my very *favorite* part of the day, when I got to the bottom of the stairs and saw that the boys (Chris) had decorated, were wearing party hats, and were so genuinely excited to celebrate.

At 7:45 a.m.!






My presents were opened by 7:50 and then Colin yelled, " Wahoo, let's have cake!" Ahh, kids. Always ready for cake, no matter what time it is.



I suggested coffee for Mommy first. 

Next, Colin took me out to breakfast before I dropped him at preschool. It was very special to be out just he and I and so I vowed to do this with each of his brothers too, once they get just a bit older. 



And we finally did have that cake.... only, at 7:30 p.m. not a.m.


This year, on my 36th birthday I feel incredibly blessed, overwhelmed, grateful, ready for spring, in desperate need of a hair cut and color, unsure about some things, more sure than ever about others, hopeful, loved and in love with my family. 









No comments: