Saturday, January 28, 2012

Brotherly love

The babies get up much earlier than Colin so my days usually start off with the babies and I hanging out downstairs together. I sip my coffee, watch Good Morning America and slowly become more engaging as the coffee does it's job.

Then around 8:00, Colin makes his way downstairs. 

On this morning, he marched in, took one look at Carter who was holding a drill (technically belonging to Colin I suppose), and before I could even say good morning, he grabbed it out of his hand and pushed  him hard to the ground.

Carter was NOT happy.

Neither was I.

Fast forward not three hours and I took Colin to his kindermusic class. For the first time ever, I brought one of the babies and it happened to be Carter because he was dressed and ready. 

Well, Colin was just the most attentive big brother you have ever seen. He INSISTED that Carter sit in his lap the whole time, was showing him how to do all the dances and songs, and would even lean over to check in on him and whisper in his ear,

"You okay Carter?" 


Demonstrating how to make rain with your fingers, for Carter

Oh my gosh, it was the cutest thing ever! But I also had to laugh because like I said, not three hours earlier, he was being anything but loving toward him.

Ahhh, the ebb and flow of brotherhood.....




No comments: