Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Teething season...

may be upon us.

Bright and early, from top to bottom, Carter, Everett, Finn. 

The boys were really having trouble sleeping last night. Nothing seemed to help, not even extra milk in their bottles. 

I felt like the whole night was spent getting in and out of bed to put pacifiers in mouths, reposition lovie blankets and rub backs. 

They woke up for the day just before 5 a.m. 

WHAT?!

Did I mention that before kids, Chris and I could sleep until noon EASILY?

All I have to say is THANK GOD for my helper Amelie. She is truly a God send. 

Anyone out there who has an amazing helper, nanny, babysitter, or childcare provider, understands the true gift that it is to have someone around who you can meet at the door in your pj's with the house a complete and utter mess, who will step up in those moments when you can't muster the energy, and who truly loves your kiddos. We are so blessed in that respect.

Before the boys went down for their afternoon nap, I investigated their gums and sure enough they all have little white buds where I'm certain teeth are starting to push through. 

Poor little guys. 

No one has yet to comment here, but if someone was so inclined, I'd love to hear any tips on how you manage teething...

We'd love to get some sleep ;)

..............

addendum: The babies slept from 6:30- 4::30 last night!!!! Until then, they were quiet as church mice. We feed them at 4:30 and they went back until 6:00. I'll take it!!!! But I'm still certain they are teething and would still love any tips on managing that. To comment, you actually have to click on the post..... not sure why, but you do. ;)



No comments: